Cherry Lavender Crumble
February 19, 2021
A delicious, cozy dessert to pair with the 2016 Four Chords.
- 5 cups Fresh or Frozen Pitted Cherries
- 4 tbsps Granulated Sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsps All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Lavender Extract
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Zest of a Lemon
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter (to grease pan)
- 1/3 cup Cold and Cubed Unsalted Butter
- 2/3 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup Chopped Walnuts (or preferred nut)
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Dried Lavender
- 1/4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Preheat oven to 375°F and prepare, butter pie dish or 9" pan.
- Toss the first 6 ingredients of filling together in a bowl and allow to sit while you prepare the topping.
- Use a pastry cutter, 2 forks, or a food processor and cut in the butter with the rest of the topping ingredients until just combined, but still remains a crumbly texture (butter pieces should be about 1/4 the size of cherries).
- Next transfer cherry mixture to prepared pan and top evenly with topping crumble. Place in preheated oven and bake for 20-30 minutes or until it begins to bubble. Crust should be golden brown.
- Serve warm and with a scoop of your favorite vanilla bean ice cream or gelato.